Living a life of moderation coupled with regular exercise can boost your health and well-being. In addition, you should capitalise on getting optimal value from your doctor’s appointment. During the consultation, you could enquire about various screening tests that the doctor feels might be worthwhile. These tests might reveal any potential health-related issues. Some of these might require early detection and treatment.
What Screening Tests Should You Enquire About at Your Next Doctor’s Appointment?
In some cases, doctor’s might need their patients to undergo certain screening tests. The results of the tests will reveal whether the patient suffers from certain ailments or not. Some of the most common screenings tests that Kellyville doctors typically recommend for their patients include:
- The Haemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) Test: This reveals the patient’s average level of blood sugar over the past three months. The sugar present in blood is nothing other than glucose. High levels of glucose in the blood will eventually stick to the haemoglobin in the red blood cells. This test is useful for diagnosing diabetes.
- Complete Blood Count (CBC): This test detects whether the patient suffers from anaemia and other infections. It could provide clues about certain kinds of cancers too.
- Comprehensive Metabolic Test (CMT): This test screens a patient’s liver and kidney functions. It can provide insights about whether the patient suffers from chronic kidney disease or other infections such as hepatitis.
- Urine Analysis: This test is useful for diagnosing whether the patient suffers from cancer, diabetes, kidney failure etc.
- The Electrocardiogram (ECG) Test: This stress helps in identifying whether the patient suffers from various heart-related problems. The cardiac stress test typically evaluates the heart for abnormal heartbeats. It can detect blockages in the heart as well.
Get Peerless Attention and Treatment from the Best Baulkham Hills Doctors
Castle Hill Medical Centre is the facility of choice for individual and corporate entities alike. We offer a diverse range of patient and corporate services. At our facility, you will find over 20 experienced medical practitioners. These professionals have immense expertise in providing the best general practice services. Besides this, our facility offers other allied services onsite as well. These include psychology services, physiotherapy, podiatry and pathology collection services. Unlike other centres, you won’t need to wait endlessly for a doctor’s appointment. You can make one online too. Check out our entire list of patient services here.