The 5w30 is engine oil which used mainly in diesel engines and patrol. In today’s time, 5w30 is multi-graded oil that has the range from higher viscosity grade of 30 to lower viscosity 5. Its working viscosity is from 9.3 to 12.5mm2/s.
The 5w40 is also engine oil that indicates the weight or viscosity of the engine oil as tested by the society of automotive engineers. 5w40 operating viscosity is 12.5 to 16.3mm2/s.
Main Differences between 5w30 and 5w40
- Both 5w30 and 5w40 are motor oil but they have different viscosity.
- 5w30 works smoothly on the engine as it is thicker. On the other hand, 5w40 is not that much thicker.
- 5w30 works smoothly and regardless on high and low temperatures the high and low te. On the other hand, 5w40 works smoothly in cold temperature.
- 5w30 is an expensive engine whereas 5w40 is not costly engine oil.
- 5w30 cannot be available in all the places whereas 5w40 is easily available.
- 5w40 has a higher viscosity rate as compare to 5w30.
- 5w30 has a lower viscosity rate of five and a higher viscosity rate of thirty. On the other hand, 5w40 has a lower viscosity rate and a higher viscosity rate of forty
Visit https://steelshieldtech.com.au/ for more details.