Timber veneer panels typically refer to thin pieces or slices of wood. People in the woodworking industry apply these slices of wood to a wide selection of objects ranging from chairs and tables to wooden doors and cabinets. The use of these veneer panels gives people the impression that the entire object features a solid wooden core. However, the cores of the objects will usually not comprise solid wood, which can be quite expensive. In many cases, the cores used for making these objects will feature more affordable species of wood including particleboard and MDF.
Veneer panels also enable woodworkers to incorporate delicate and exotic species of wood into objects that require higher levels of durability. For instance, when you order fire-rated doors, you will want doors that can withstand fires certainly. But, you will also want your new doors to last you for several years to come. Not all varieties of wood can offer this type of longevity. However, combining an attractive variety of wood with wood that offers superior levels of durability can be the ideal solution. Any object featuring solid timber will warp with prolonged exposure to humidity. In contrast, wooden objects featuring a solid MDF core with veneer panels will last you for much longer. In addition, they will look superlative as well. For these reasons, many suppliers use veneer panels for making fire rated doors. It can be worth highlighting that regulatory authorities require these doors to conform to rigorous industry standards. Among other things, these doors will need to withstand smoke and fire. The very fact that veneered doors make the best fire rated doors attests to their superior levels of quality and durability.
By purchasing veneered doors, you will be able to derive a number of benefits involving:
- The Cost: It goes without saying that the cost of a door made entirely from solid timber will be much higher than the cost of a veneered door. Thus, if you’re facing budgetary constraints, opt for veneered doors.
- The Colour: Suppliers of veneered doors can offer doors with consistency in colour and texture. Quality suppliers will be able to offer doors whose colour shades will not change over time.
- The Weight: In comparison to solid wood doors, veneered doors will be relatively lighter. However, this will not compromise their strength or solidity.
- Moisture Resistance: Exposure to high moisture and heat levels can make solid wooden doors warp or split. In contrast, you will be able to use your veneered doors in rooms with high heat and moisture levels too – including bathrooms.
- The Ease of Maintenance: Cleaning veneered doors remains simple and easy. In addition, you can rest assured that termites and other pests will not be able to damage your doors.
For these reasons, many people have been replacing their existing wooden doors with veneered ones. Doors that feature quality timber veneer sheets can offer the best value for your money. Thus, ensure that you make your purchases from an established and reputed supplier only.
For more information about various forest products, Visit Forest Products Today !