Today’s cutting-edge wood veneer panels, made by experienced craftsmen, using the highest quality materials are of a whole new level. Well known for their high strength, stunning aesthetics and eco-friendliness, top grade veneer options like FSC certified veneer are some of the most sought-after furnishings you can find in the market.
An Introduction to Veneer Panels
While modern veneer manufacturing machines are completely different from the traditional tools, the process has been around for centuries. In ancient times, veneers were used to attain luxurious appearance for goods built on a lower quality base. Veneers manufactured today are relatively thinner but are more durable than traditional veneer products.
Wood veneer panels are made by applying veneer to a base of MDF, plywood or particleboard. The base is selected depending on the cost or for any desired features. Veneer can be produced using several cutting methods. Each method produces a different appearance. Some of the popular cutting methods used in the veneer industry are rotary and crown cutting etc.
Advantages of Wood Veneer Panels
As surprising as it may sound, wood veneer panels are actually stronger and more resilient than solid natural wood. Solid wood furnishings tend to splitting and warping over time. Natural wood is quite delicate and even regular wear and tear can damage solid wood furniture. On the other hand, wood veneer panels, with a durable base, are extremely stable products that can last a lifetime with some care and maintenance.
Let’s have a look at some of the advantages of wood veneer panels.
- Since each veneer is absolutely unique, wood veneer panels can help you design furnishings that look unique and exclusive.
- With wood veneer panels, you get limitless design possibilities to attain that classic and elegant look at a reasonable price.
- Veneer panels are resistant to fragmentation and warping. Wood veneer panels last longer than most other options including laminates.
- Veneer panels boost strength, longevity and overall value of your products.
- Timber veneer is eco-friendly and non-toxic. It is the best way to utilize precious wood.
For more information and to choose from the widest selection of wood veneer panels in Australia, visit Processed Forest Products today!