Bidets are bathroom devices used to keep one clean after using the toilet. While these porcelain or ceramic cleaning devices are widely used in Asia and Europe, it is not normally used in Australian households. Several companies offer different models of bidets, including USPA and Toto. There are also several types of bidets, including the floor-mounted bidets and the bidet spray. Due to this, it is important for homeowners to know the different types of bidets before they start looking for a bidet suitable for their use. The following are the main types of bidets households can consider installing in their homes.
- Floor-mounted bidets – floor-mounted bidets are suitable for bathrooms that have a suitable amount of space. It is also advisable to have these bidets installed while the home is still being built. If not, households may consider renovating their bathrooms when they install a floor-mounted bidet so it would blend in with everything else in the bathroom. These bidets normally look elegant and add class to the bathroom. They come in different styles that cater to the preferences of any homeowner. Households can check with a reputable company to install the bidet they want. They may want to get a USPA or a Toto toilet floor-mounted bidet for their homes.
- Wall-mounted bidets – from the name itself, wall-mounted bidets are mounted on the wall. While it may not require the same amount of work to install these bidets, it may still be advisable for homeowners to plan out its installation properly so the bidet would not look like an eyesore in the bathroom. Similar to floor-mounted bidets, they also enhance the bathroom and make it look stylish. Homeowners can check out different brands offering these types of bidets, including USPA.
Since floor-mounted bidets and wall-mounted bidets normally require a good amount of space, they are not quite popular among many households. Fortunately, there are some bidets that do not require as much space as their ceramic counterparts.
- Toilet seat bidets – toilet seat bidets can be used to replace existing toilet seats. Since they are compact and small, they do not require as much space as the first two types of bidets. In fact, they basically look like an ordinary toilet seat in the bathroom. It has a spray jet underneath that is used to clear residents after using the toilet. There are two main types of toilet seat bidets: electric and non-electric.
- Electric toilet seat bidets – these types of bidets require an electric outlet close to the toilet since it requires electricity to power the water heater or a seat heater. There are also some luxury brands offering more features, including an air dryer and deodorizer, among others.
- Non-electric – these are basic types of bidets that do not require any power. But there are some models that may have some added features, including a feminine wash and a self-cleaning option. There are also some high-end brands that offer features that are not offered by an ordinary non-electric bidet.
- Handheld bidets – handheld bidets or the bidet spray is another compact bidet that will not take up much space in the bathroom. While these types of bidets are widely-used in Middle Eastern countries, they are gradually making a mark in the other parts of the world. They allow homeowners to control the direction of the water when they use them. But it may be challenging to use them at first for homeowners who never tried using a bidet before.
- Portable bidets – these types of bidets are not well-known since they are normally used by travelers who want to have that fresh feeling every time they use the bathroom abroad. These bidets look like water bottles with a spout and function similar to handheld bidets or a bidet spray. While they are practical for travelers, these are not normally used in the household. There are even electric portable bidets available in the market.
Bidets are gradually becoming popular among Australian households, especially among Australians who tried using these bathroom devices when they traveled abroad. While getting a bidet for the home is a good way to keep one clean after using the bathroom, homeowners should decide on which type of bidet they want to have at home. Moreover, they look for a reputable bidet supplier where they can get more information about the bathroom device that is most suitable for their bathrooms. For more information, visit Australian Bidet Today !