A lot of times, buyers are not aware about the differences between different timber veneer panels. From American oak veneer to maple veneer, there are a number of options to choose from nowadays. A well built veneer panel can definitely change how your furniture and furnishings look and how long they last.
There is a misconception among people that putting veneers on furniture is not as effective as just purchasing solid wood furniture. However, what people don’t know is that there are distinct properties of both solid wood and veneers, and one needs to know all about them before making a buying decision.
Things to Know About Solid Wood
Solid wood furniture is made out of all-natural wood. Here are the things you need to know about solid wood before making your decision:
- Solid wood is durable and easy to repair. Certain type of solid wood doesn’t get damaged too easily, but any form of scratches, dents, and stains can be removed with a lot of ease.
- Contrary to popular opinion, some varieties of solid wood furniture may be cheaper than veneers as well.
- On the downside, solid wood furniture has a tendency of splitting a lot, especially when exposed to different atmospheric conditions.
Reasons to Choose Timber Veneer Panels
Timber Veneer for furniture is made by piecing together thin layers of wood, using very strong glue.
- Veneer is a good looking option for those who want to upgrade their furniture’s design without entirely changing the material it is made out of.
- Since timber veneer uses lesser material than solid wood furniture, it is environmentally friendly as well (1 board of solid wood could contribute towards 40 sheets of veneer).
- It is a stable way of redecorating, as the timber veneer panels won’t split or warp based on the seasons.
- However, on the other hand, the veneers are rather thin, and some of them can blister or peel back over a period of time unless you buy your veneer products from a trusted supplier.
Timber veneer panels can be the right choice for you, depending on the kind of furniture you want.
For more information and to choose from the widest selection of quality veneer products including fire rated doors, laminated board and FSC certified veneer, contact the leading specialists of timber veneer in Sydney – Processed Forest Products today.