Orthodontics is an important field of dentistry involving incorrect tooth positioning, jaw health and biting patterns. Orthodontic treatment Fairfield has many important procedures to correct tooth positioning and re-align biting patterns for a healthier mouth. Orthodontic issues can cause many difficulties so visiting a dentist orthodontist is important. Pain, discomfort and difficult using your mouth are not normal, and orthodontics is vital to fix these issues.
There are some key signs that you may need to see a dentist orthodontist:
- Misaligned bite – when the top row of teeth overlaps the bottom ones or vice versa.
- Large gaps between the teeth or teeth or oddly angled teeth.
- Speech issues – difficult speaking or articulating some words.
- Pain or discomfort in the jaw, teeth or gums.
- Difficulty or discomfort when chewing.
Orthodontic treatment Fairfield has a few methods for improving oral health. There are procedures which can be done at a range of ages. For children, many issues like teeth alignment and gaps can be solved with metal braces. These treatments will take a long time, and the period will be advised by your dentist orthodontist. The typical period is approximately 2 years. Adults may not want the look of metal braces; another alternative, in this case, is ceramic braces and clear aligners.
To learn more about orthodontic treatment Fairfield, contact Civic Plaza Dental.