It is very likely that you have at least one LED light in your home. LED lighting has definitely taken over the industrial and commercial market too, and for good reasons. Highly efficient LED brick lights options, use less energy, produce more light and require way less maintenance compared to incandescent or other commercial lighting options.
If you are thinking of making a switch to LED lighting for your business, all you have to do is choose trusted LED light manufacturers. LED lights are here to stay, and they are the best option for your commercial or industrial properties.
Why are LED brick lights so good? Let’s consider the reasons.
- Energy Efficiency: LED lights are way more energy-efficient than traditional light bulbs. They use about 70% less energy. This makes them essential, especially in commercial and industrial settings where the lights are on for many hours.
- Long-lasting: As all LED lighting manufacturers will tell you, LED lights last much longer than ordinary lights, and they don’t burn out, so that’s got to count as a plus.
- Durability: the products from LED lighting manufacturers are extremely sturdy and don’t break where other lights would. This is great for commercial and industrial use.
- User efficiency: LED lights are incredibly bright, and they don’t take a long time to turn on. In fact, LED lights turn on instantly. LED brick lights come with a number of control options as well, and do not emit any harmful UV or IR emissions.
If you’re thinking of switching to LED lighting, and saving a lot of money while saving energy, then the quality LED brick lights from Mases Lighting are what you need. We have highly experienced LED lighting manufacturers who have been supplying quality lighting solutions to businesses in Sydney for many years.
Like with all appliances and machines, commercial refrigeration equipment needs to be maintained and kept clean in order to operate effectively. Proper and frequent maintenance tasks and cleaning will go a long way to prevent breakdowns or other damage. These disruptions could interrupt business operation and lead to foods spoiling during breakdowns, which is never desirable. Refrigeration from expert cold room manufacturers like Channon should be easy to keep clean, and servicing can be performed quickly by fully qualified and experienced mechanics.
Follow these basic tasks and checks to keep your commercial refrigeration equipment in top condition:
- Regular and thorough cleaning – this prevents build-ups of mold or dirt which can contaminate food. Removing dirt or debris around the door may also improve the seal, reducing power consumption considerably when less cold air escapes.
- Keep the condenser and evaporator coils clean – these coils are found in units likely behind covers and will be marked on the unit. Cleaning the coil inside will keep the cooling mechanism efficient; maintain the correct temperatures for safe food storage.
- Checking the door seals for damage – door seals on commercial refrigeration equipment are called gaskets, and it is vital to check these for damage regularly. Damaged gaskets will let cold air out and raise the internal temperature, leading to spoiled food. If they are damaged, licensed technicians from cold room manufacturers can replace them.
- Cleaning the drain pans – these are collection areas for grime from the fridge, so cleaning is important for hygiene. Also check the connecting tubes for any signs of blockage.
In addition to regular and proper cleaning regimes, fridges should also be serviced in accordance with the cold room manufacturers’ recommendations. These will likely be included in warranty information. Refrigeration specialists Channon can design manufacture and maintain commercial refrigeration equipment, contact us for more information.
Ergonomics is a topic of health that is not frequently addressed in-depth, but it is linked to some of the most common health complaints. It is simple to improve workplace ergonomics with devices like a sit to stand workstation and building better habits. There are many consequences to poor workplace ergonomics, which can contribute to many serious conditions. Many of these consequences are preventable with a proper ergonomic office fit out, some of the main ones include:
- Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) – are a collection of painful and physically limiting conditions affecting muscles, tendons, sheaths, and nerves. The most common of these are carpal tunnel syndrome and tendonitis, which can be debilitating and painful, even hindering mobility in some cases. A new office fit out can remove many of the risk factors.
- Fatigue – sitting in a static position while working (known as sedentary behaviour) has been linked to an increase in fatigue. Being tired is not just unpleasant; it also lowers worker productivity and can even lead to safety risks in some industries. A sit to stand workstation and more varied work environments can improve this.
- Headaches or migraines – working for a long time, in poor positions, or in poor lighting can cause these issues. Poor posture over prolonged periods as there is great strain on muscles and trigger points in the neck and shoulder. This pain is referred to as the head. Improved lighting and ergonomic work environment in a new office fit out can help ease this issue.
DPG Formfittings are the experts in providing a new ergonomic office fit out. They can vastly improve the comfort and productivity of staff with products like a sit to stand workstation. Contact DPG Formfittings to learn more.
Appliances are one of the most essential elements of a kitchen; the main purpose of a kitchen is to make food after all! Choosing new appliances for new custom kitchens is a major part of a redesign so it is important to carefully consider your options. There are many considerations to make in selecting appliances like size and energy efficiency. Enlisting the help of professional kitchen designers like The Kitchen Broker can help.
The first thing to consider when designing custom kitchens is what appliances you need. The range of appliances required in a kitchen depends on the foods typically cooked there, and the number of people they are cooked for. A 6 burner stove is not necessary for people who live alone and cook simple meals. Space and budget are better used elsewhere. As a baseline, most kitchen designers will require a stove, range, refrigerator, dishwasher, oven, microwave, kettle, and toaster.
Once you have decided on what appliances your kitchen needs, you need to choose a specific model of each. Australian appliances are held to some of the most stringent safety standards in the world so it best to go local. An important factor for kitchen designers to consider is energy usage, more efficient appliances will go a long way to saving on operating costs. It will also improve the environmental footprint of your custom kitchens. Water efficiency is also important for saving operating costs, especially for dishwashers.
The Kitchen Broker is professional kitchen designers who specialise in new custom kitchens, contact The Kitchen Broker for more information and a quote.
This year has been a long one for many businesses, and a lot of business owners have struggled to keeps to doors open. As the COVID-19 situation eases in NSW, and Christmas approaches, it is important to re-open safety. Acrylic screens for supermarkets are a great way to do this. When Covid Screens produce protective shields for your business, we use highly specialized laser cutting equipment and plastic polishing technology.
When a business requires hygiene screens to be produced, the first step is to measure and assess the space and dimension requirements. The measurements are taken in a site investigation and then translated into a computer model of the screen. The model will then guide our state-of-the-art cutting machines to precisely form the acrylic screens for supermarkets.
Similar to other products, acrylic screens for supermarkets are best cut with laser cutting technology. As the name implies, laser cutting uses a high powered laser beam (light) focussed onto the surface to melt or vaporize the material. The material is then blown out of the cut by a focussed stream of gas. This produces highly accurate cuts to almost any dimensions or shape of hygiene screens. Finally, the cut hygiene screens are taken to be polished; this ensures that all surfaces and sides are fully transparent.
To learn more about producing acrylic screens for supermarkets, visit Covid Screens.
Fibre optic cables are one of the biggest advances in data transmission technology in recent history, bringing an array of advantages over their copper counterparts. Blown optical fibre has extensive use in internet transmission, computer networking, phone and television and even surgical procedures. They are based on a physical principle known as ‘total internal reflection’ to pass light through thin glass wires. Fibre optic cable installation allows light to be sent into the ends of the fibres where it reflects off of the cable’s interior instead of leaving the cable, moving along it rapidly.
Fibre optic cable installation has several key advantages over other data transmission methods. Firstly, the speed available is much higher, as the data is moved at the speed of light. Secondly, blown optical fibres are almost impervious to electrical or magnetic interference as they do not use electrons for transmission. They also have a higher bandwidth than alternatives and can transmit for much longer distances before a signal loss occurs. Fibre optic cable installation is also much more space-efficient as the cable diameter can be made very small.
There are some important considerations to make in fibre optic cable installation. The cables should never be bent beyond their stated bend radius. Small bends are best as the glass is fragile and the light will not correctly reflect inside the cable is the angle is too sharp, losing data. Blown optical fibres should also never be pulled as this can cause severe damage to the thin glass pieces. Finally, the different sized cables should not be combined as this can cause major attenuation (loss of data) issues at the joins.
GM Cable can perform a range of fibre optic cable installation tasks at a fair price and the highest quality; contact us today to get in touch about optic fibre solutions.
Manufacturing metals can be a complex process, and there are many different tasks to be completed to produce quality parts. One process with a major impact on final quality is welding, a process used extensively in producing industrial shelving units. Put simply, welding is the process of attaching pieces of metal to each other and is a very skill intensive trade. It is important to get a welding job done right as it could impact the final strength of the industrial shelving units.
Welding usually uses a filler metal which is passed into the join to attach two metals or thermoplastic pieces. Heat or pressure is used to complete the join. Some of the main welding methods used in sheet metal manufacturing include:
- Stick Welding – the process uses a handheld electrode to make an extremely hot arc at the tip, which melts the metals, allowing them to join. It is the cheapest form of welding and it is quite portable, capable of being performed outside and in tight spaces. However, it is a slow process, inefficient, and cannot produce some precise joins in industrial shelving units.
- MIG Welding – involves a filler metal being fed through a wand to the join while surrounded with an inert gas. This prevents any external reactions from outside elements. It is easily learned and once mastered can produce incredibly smooth and clean welds which are vital for visible surfaces in sheet metal manufacturing.
- TIG Welding – this is one of the rare methods of welding which does not need a filler metal to complete. The method uses a tungsten electrode and a constant stream of gas to protect the weld from outside reactions. It can produce very clean welds with almost zero cleanups required and the welds are typically much more appealing for visible surfaces such as the faces of industrial shelving units. It requires a lot of skill to perform.
To learn more about welding for industrial shelving units, visit Premier Engineering, the metal manufacturing experts.
Protective workwear, commonly referred to as PPE, is essential across many industries, protecting workers from a wide range of dangers. Safety equipment suppliers such as AA Safety have a wide range of PPE for workers to protect them against many different workplace threats. This range of protective workwear includes:
- Eyewear – to protect eyes against debris or intense light such as welding.
- Gloves – to protect hands from hazardous materials or extended friction.
- Hard Hats – to protect from the impact of falling objects, additionally, they also protect the head against sun exposure.
- Ear Plugs – to protect against hearing loss from both one-off and prolonged sounds, various ranges of sound can cause permanent damage:
- Prolonged exposure over 85DB for the period of one workday,
- Over 100DB for 15 minutes or more or,
- Any exposure over 120DB immediately.
- Respirators – to protect against hazardous chemicals and vapors or particulates in the air.
According to NSW SafeWork, protective workwear alone is not an adequate safety plan. PPE is only useful when used in conjunction with correct safety procedures and regularly reviewed to ensure it is safety compliant. Sometimes, protective workwear may make the task more dangerous such as safety gloves reducing dexterity, in these cases, PPE should be removed or replaced with a more viable alternative.
AA Safety is a leading safety equipment suppliers in Sydney and provides high-quality PPE, view our protective workwear range online today!
The cabinetry in a bathroom, especially a vanity, is often the focal point of the room’s style. Having beautiful, luxury cabinetry sets the perfect tone for a stunning bathroom. Water is unavoidable in bathroom cabinets Sydney, with basins, showers, and humidity in the air. With such high water content, bathrooms can be a nightmare for many materials common in custom joinery.
Timber is one of the most common materials for custom joinery, but timber has a hard time dealing with moisture. This issue can be eased with proper sealing and coating to protect the surface. Many people will choose real solid timber because of its natural luxury look. Plywood can be used as an alternative in bathroom cabinets Sydney due to its better water expansion properties and being more affordable than solid timber. However, it doesn’t give the same look and feel as solid timber.
The vanity countertop is a major materials choice for bathroom cabinets Sydney. The countertop is where a lot of the water around the sink will be so the material must be durable and as water-resistant as possible. Granite is often viewed as the king of natural stone options for the home; it is highly scratch resistant and almost immune to any water or heat damage that custom joinery may experience. This resistance is perfect for bathrooms but granite does come at a premium. Other common options include laminates, quartz, and tiles, all of which can resist water damage.
Norska is an expert in custom joinery and can create a variety of bathroom cabinets Sydney, contact us for more information.
Orthodontics is an important field of dentistry involving incorrect tooth positioning, jaw health and biting patterns. Orthodontic treatment Fairfield has many important procedures to correct tooth positioning and re-align biting patterns for a healthier mouth. Orthodontic issues can cause many difficulties so visiting a dentist orthodontist is important. Pain, discomfort and difficult using your mouth are not normal, and orthodontics is vital to fix these issues.
There are some key signs that you may need to see a dentist orthodontist:
- Misaligned bite – when the top row of teeth overlaps the bottom ones or vice versa.
- Large gaps between the teeth or teeth or oddly angled teeth.
- Speech issues – difficult speaking or articulating some words.
- Pain or discomfort in the jaw, teeth or gums.
- Difficulty or discomfort when chewing.
Orthodontic treatment Fairfield has a few methods for improving oral health. There are procedures which can be done at a range of ages. For children, many issues like teeth alignment and gaps can be solved with metal braces. These treatments will take a long time, and the period will be advised by your dentist orthodontist. The typical period is approximately 2 years. Adults may not want the look of metal braces; another alternative, in this case, is ceramic braces and clear aligners.
To learn more about orthodontic treatment Fairfield, contact Civic Plaza Dental.